Glanmire Parish, County Cork, Ireland - part of the Catholic Diocese of Cork and Ross.
Mass Streaming     Donate                                                                                                                                                              

Archive for Archive

The Annunciation – Stained Glass Window in the Sanctuary

The Annunciation – Stained Glass Window in the Sanctuary

November 12, 2010

Share post  Follow us     

The Transfiguration by John Hogan 1857

The Transfiguration by John Hogan 1857

November 11, 2010

The Transfiguration is a sculpture by John Hogan who was born in Tallow, County Waterford, in 1800. It depicts the event recorded in each of the synoptic gospels whereby Jesus was transformed in the presence of the apostles Peter, James and John. His clothes became dazzingly white and a voice from heaven said, “This is […]

The Sanctuary in St Joseph’s Church before Renovation

The Sanctuary in St Joseph’s Church before Renovation

November 10, 2010

Here is a reminder of what our Sanctuary looked like before renovation. The picture was taken on May 30th, 2010. Share post  Follow us     

View to the Back of St Joseph’s Church before Renovation

View to the Back of St Joseph’s Church before Renovation

November 9, 2010

This was the view from the top of the Church to the back, before renovation began. This photo was taken on May 30th, 2010. Share post  Follow us     

Interior of St Michael’s Church

November 9, 2010

This is the interior of St Michael’s Church in Upper Glanmire. Share post  Follow us     

Archive
Commemorative Plaque in St Michael’s Church

Commemorative Plaque in St Michael’s Church

November 1, 2010

This commemorative plaque is in the porch of St Michael’s Church, Upper Glanmire, and records the rededication of that church following extensive renovations in advance of the 175th anniversary of its foundation. It was rededicated by the late Bishop Michael Murphy on 22 June 1983. The work was carried out by local builder, Mr Jim […]

St. Michael’s Church with Bicentenary Tree in Foreground

St. Michael’s Church with Bicentenary Tree in Foreground

October 31, 2010

St Michael’s Church dates from 1808 and is built on the site of a penal Mass house. The bicentenary was celebrated in 2008 with a number of functions to mark the historic occasion: Mass celebrated by Bishop John Buckley, the preacher being Archdeacon Kerry Murphy-O’Connor; two broadcast radio Masses; the redecoration of the church; a […]

Stained Glass Window in St Michael’s Church

Stained Glass Window in St Michael’s Church

October 29, 2010

This is one of two stained glass windows donated to St Michael’s, Upper Glanmire, by the late Mary Buckley, Ballinvriskig. It carries the inscription: ‘Sacred Heart of Jesus I place my trust in Thee’. Mrs Buckley requested that one window be dedicated to the Sacred Heart and the other to St Michael the Archangel, patron […]

Rededication of St Joseph’s Church

Rededication of St Joseph’s Church

October 5, 2010

Bishop Buckley led a very beautiful celebration on Saturday October 2nd, during which he rededicated St Joseph’s Church, following the recent renovations. A packed church heard him compliment the people of the parish on what they have achieved in making St Joseph’s such a fitting place for worship and prayer. He thanked them in particular […]

A Church for the Future

A Church for the Future

October 5, 2010

St Joseph’s Church, Glanmire was  opened in 1837. An extension was added in 1929: the sanctuary was extended to include the dome which is the focus of the building today. Old photographs reveal that the church originally had an ‘A’ roof. This was replaced by a flat concrete roof, presumably at the time of the […]

Page 20 of 23« First...10«1819202122»...Last »